Pages

instagram

I AM FEMALE MAGAZINE GUEST BLOGGER

ASK AMI: Arabian Night


Safryna asked me on my formspring on what should she wear to an Arabic themed dinner. I think I would've been so excited coz I'd get to wear pretty abaya's & layers of hijab to a fancy dinner, but that's just me. I get excited over any chance to wear pretty clothes T_T

My answer:
  • Obviously the easiest garment would be an abaya, in black.
  • Accessorize with gold & wooden bangles, beaded necklace & eccentric printed hijab or plain ones depending on your abaya.
  • As for shoes, wear beaded flats and maybe add a thin black sock on for added exaggeration of costume.
  • For make-up, think Cleopatra; thick cat-eye eyeliner, lightly highlight your temple, cheek, nose bone & chin with bronzer (not too dark), add a touch of gold shimmery shadow to inner corner of your eye and under brow bone & add white eyeliner on the waterline of your eye. You can go either for nude peach or matte maroon lips. Try out which beauty look suits you most. You can check out all the list of Arabic make-up tutorial on youtube.
Ofcourse this article would not be complete without a few photo inspiration. Here is an excerpt of Zleqa's Sahara Classic Series 2010 lookbook. Hope this helped you Safryna! Would love to see an outfit shot of you for that special night :)

via Zleqha
Follow SPUTNIK SWEETHEART

5 comments:

  1. I think to dress with arabic theme need to be brave. Cz there need to wearing a lot of additional accessories & supported make-up. I guess!! But it look so stunning cool follow on the theme!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZLEQHA !wow..teringin nak memiliki 1 dari koleksinya ;) nice tips Amy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam. I love their collections! One definitely need to be brave and confident to carry off this Sahara Series well. But loving the colours and the extravagant feel to it though! Nice... :)

    Oh, just wondering, since everyone's asking you for fashion tips, i wana join in on the fun too! Hehe.. So im the maid of honour for one of my close friend's Moroccan-themed wedding with silver and grey colour. Got so excited, but definitely don't wana over do it since im just the "maid"! Abaya? Or Kaftan? Heavy material or light chiffons? Wud really love to hear your thoughts on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @asielah, i'll answer this in the near future yeah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh ami! thank u so much! u answered my question and make me go outside the box.semua colleague nak pakai tutup muka konon2 so serius takde idea.yay! am gonna try the cleopatra makeup and wear abaya :D sayang ami :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to leave your comment here, but do remember your comment reflects your personality. Be nice to one another :)